1. If you sent in your form for drumming or dancing, I have turned them into the office. I do not know when/how you will receive notice. I asked, and didn't get an answer nailed down.
2. Please send back the form for the classroom "phone book". It came home a few weeks ago. If you need a new one, please let me know.
3. Field Trip forms need returned by week after next.
4. The homework that came home today is all math practice. It is all review of skills that we have covered in class. Many of the students can add or subtract and figure out the addends. But when it comes to using doubles to do it, they are struggling. We are working on this for a few more days. Then we will be moving one to using groups of 10 to think about adding and subtracting. Please be sure to practice their word lists AND send them back into school. They take quite a while to do each list when the whole list is sent back in to read to me. It is ok to send the whole list, but please know I can't always get them all done every day. (I still have a few left from today!) I am seeing a LOT of improvement and am SO excited! As are the kids! When they get a word that they finally remember that they haven't gotten before it is such a HUGE celebration! WAHOO! :)
5. Reading logs aren't due until the 17th. Please read regularly. If you lose the log, write it on a piece of paper! I am not picky as long as you're reading nightly! :) Can your child write the title on the paper? Try it! That's a goal...so they are in charge of their reading and owning it! :)
6. Have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy some family time and all the wonder that goes with it! First graders are really fun! They bring such joy!
1 month ago